Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Going, going, gone.

As I sit here, packing the rest of my stuff, I have a feeling of déjà vu. Almost two years ago, I was doing the exact same thing, at the exact same place. Packing for Korea, and getting ready to leave everything behind. I was terrified.

This time it feels different. I know what to expect, and it's a decision I made on my own. I'm a little bit sad, a little bit heartbroken, and a little bit nauseous. However, I feel quite calm and peaceful, knowing this is the best thing for me, right now. Living my dream, living my Lost in Translation fantasy.

My friends and family have been so amazing and supportive. My last day in Montreal was spent eating brunch at my favourite café, in my pajamas, and walking around aimlessly in my neighbourhood. Taking in the sights, but knowing everything will still be there, waiting for me, when I come back.

Off to a long, long flight, and very little sleep.

Hello, Japan.

8 comments:

tn1125 said...

have a safe journey Vivian! I'm so very happy for you!

Vivian said...

I can't wait to give you more updates once I get there!! I'll find an internet café ASAP!

danceofthecosmos said...

Good luck and safe trip Vivian!
This is so exciting!!
Write soon (:

Nicole Marie said...

i think you're there and i can't wait to hear al about it!!! safe travels!

carebearincrazyland said...

Wow, if this (Nov. 3) is indeed the day you fly off, then what a coincidence!

I came to London exactly one year ago on Nov. 3 2008, and have just "celebrated" my one year mark here.

All the best!

Lisa said...

Oh have a safe trip and hopefully peaceful flights (ie. not too many crying babies) !!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

Can't wait to read your updates live from Japan :)

مى said...

Have a safe trip, if you're not there already! If you are, lucky you! :)

Life Abroad said...

Have a safe flight!