Monday, July 19, 2010

A Sunday in Kobe

Remember my last trip to Kobe, back on a cold and rainy day in February?

{Kobe, February 2010}

It definitely was a blast with the boys, but this time around it was a hot, sunny day, and a Kobe vacation with the girls. After nearly losing my mind last week and feeling sickly, a Sunday escape to Kobe seemed like the perfect way to recover. And it was!

Kobe is the most charming Japanese city: it has a very European flair, and the tree-lined streets are filled with bakeries, sophisticated boutiques, and sidewalk cafés. I cannot think of a better place for a girlie getaway, with Isabel and our lovely Japanese friend Yumi. The weekend was all about finding the best cafés, sampling cakes, shopping, people-watching (Kobe is, in my opinion, the best-dressed city in Japan), refreshing Gin & Tonics in tiny Japanese bars, and staying out all night... and falling in love with Japan all over again.


{I never hop on a bus without some Japanese sweets.... Mmmmmmm}


{Delicious Yuzu fruit drink. Yuzu is a popular citrus fruit in Asia}


{Kobe at night, with Karaoke rooms Lost in Translation style}



{The girls}




{The cakes}


{A trip would not be complete without a lunch at MUJI café! Yum!}



Thank goodness for those weekend trips!

9 comments:

French lover said...

Looks like you had a blast ! Tu avais besoin de t'évader un peu on dirait... est-ce que ton moral est un peu remonté ? et le temps s'est-il un peu amélioré à Marugame (je veux bien croire que l'un influence l'autre !!)

Isabel said...

please remove those pictures of me! I look like a massive tubalub :-(
xo

thevoyageofv said...

Nice little getaway! Especially the cake part :-)

Rand said...

so so so pretttyy!!!!:)
xx

French lover said...

OUI pour Kyoto !! Avec grand plaisir !!! Je te communique nos dates par email asap :) xx

nmaha said...

Seems like such fun. Glad you had a good time with your girls.

王美妹 said...

要拼才會贏,生活就像戰爭…什麼時候才有和平啊…>"<...........................................................

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

MUJI has a cafe!? So jealous! I bought some panna cotta mix when I was in HK last month and I thought that was cool...

Kelly said...

seriously, this sounds like my kind of getaway! cakes, shopping, cafes, girl time, oh my!!!

i wish we could brunch together too! one day....oneee dayyyy :)