Sunday, May 15, 2011

I heart Kobe

On Saturday, I had the loveliest day I've had in a long time. I met up with fellow blogger Julie, whose blog I have been reading since I arrived in Japan, and which I always found so interesting and full of information. The girl behind the blog was equally lovely, and I spent a warm, sunny afternoon in good company and great foods. We met up in Kobe, a city I adore, and which is so close to Osaka.*

She has been in Japan longer than I have and knows so much about the Kansai area, so she introduced me to some adorable cafés tucked in little back streets, which I would have never found on my own. I ate the most scrumptious yuzu and matcha pudding at a sidewalk bistro, then feasted on a vegetarian plate at a cozy café where a cat lived. We walked around in the sunshine, and talked about life and everything Japan. It was nice to hang out with someone who has such a positive attitude about living in Japan, it made me see things from a different perspective, which I maybe needed lately.

I love Kobe, I think it's such a relaxing, clean, and sophisticated city- pretty much the opposite of Osaka, but I can't help loving both extremes.

*Kobe is a mere 25-min train ride from Osaka station.







2 comments:

Brenna said...

How pretty! All that food looks so yummy too. What a nice day ;)

{lovely little things} said...

Next time I'm in Japan, I need to visit Kobe!